About the Tplink Extenders
If you want to increase or boost the Wi-Fi range at your home or office then the Tplink extenders are the best. There are areas in your home where the range of your Wi-Fi can’t be reached. These areas are called dead spots. In these areas, you feel disconnected from the internet, from other members. So, purchase an extender, install it at your home by accessing the website tplinkextender.net or tplinkrepeater.net and enjoy internet access at every corner of your home.
How does an extender works?
The extender takes the signal from the router and retransmits it to the areas where the range of the router does not exist. The main advantage of using an extender is you do not get confused with the cables. But you have to keep in mind that the extender position matters a lot. Change the position of your Tplink extender until you get a perfect location for it. It is recommended to use the same Company’s extender as that of your router’s company. But this is not a compulsion; you can purchase both of different Companies. After having an extender, you have to set it up by using the website tplinkextender.net or tplinkrepeater.net or we can say by using the web interface of the Tplink extender.
How to log into the web based interface of the extender?
The web based interface of the extender does not wish to have internet access or you do not need the internet to access the web based interface of the extender. It just needs to have a connection between the Tplink extender and your device.
- Take an Ethernet cable (you will get one with the extender). Connect its one end to your device that is computer and another end to the LAN port of the Tplink extender.
- Go to network and internet connection under the control panel and assign your computer a static IP address. If you have any query, feel free to contact us.
- Launch an Internet browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer. In the URL field of the browser type the default IP address of your extender. The default IP addresses are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 or 192.168.0.254. Try one by one as your extender’s interface starts with one of these. Hit Enter key.
- A login window displays. You will see a username and a password field. Enter the same in the respective fields. You have to enter the default username and password. Both are admin in this case.
- Click OK.
After performing these steps, you get landed to the management page of your extender.
How to configure or setup the Tplink range extender?
Here, we are discussing the configuration of the extenders that do not have a DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) server. Follow the steps given below to do the same.
- Log into the extender by following the steps given above.
- Go to Network. Make sure the IP address of your computer and the router must be in the same range. Click on save button.
- Go to Quick Setup or click on it by using the mouse. Click next then wireless. In the Operation mode field, select Range extender from the drop down list. Click on the search button.
- Find and select the network name (SSID) of your router from the list of available networks. Click connect that you will see on the right side of the screen.
- Click on save button.
- Go to Wireless then wireless security. Select the security information same as your router has. For an instance, select WPA2-PSK/WPA-PSK and encryption AES. Enter testtplink in the PSK password field. Click save. It is necessary for both router and extender to have the same security settings. They will work properly.
- If you want to check then go to System Tools then click on Diagnostic. Enter the IP address of the root router in the IP address or Domain Name field.
- Click start.
- Change your computer settings so that it can obtain the IP address automatically.
If you get trouble in checking the security information, contact us via our live chat window where experts are available all time to help you.
Now, we will discuss an easy method to setup the range extender that is through WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button.
Configuring the Tplink Extender via WPS button
In this case, there is an existing router. Follow the steps given below:
- Place your extender near the existing router. Provide power to your extender so plug it in the power outlet.
- Press the WPS button on your existing router first then immediately press the WPS button on the Tplink extender. Locate the WPS button on both the router and the extender before starting the process. As it is recommended to push the WPS button on the extender within two minutes after you have pushed the WPS button on your router or Access Point.
- To check whether your router has started processing after you have pressed the WPS button, see the WPS LED light on your router, it will start blinking.
- It will take two minutes then will get connected to the existing router. Your extender’s wireless signal LED light up after successful establishment of the connection between the two.
The problems you may get while installing the extender and their solutions
If you are unable to access the management page of the extender by using the tplinkrepeater.net or tplinkextender.net.
- The reason for this may be your device is not directly connected to the range extender. So, connect it directly to your range extender. Another solution to this problem is accessing using the IP address of your range extender. If you do not know the IP address of your extender then check the DHCP list of the existing router.
- Flush the local DNS cache to resolve this issue. To do this, disconnect your router and extender. Turn them on again and wait for a while. Now go to Start menu then all programs then accessories. Open the command prompt. You can directly open it by typing cmd in the run field of your computer. Type ipconfig/flushdns in the command prompt window.
- It may be possible that you have entered the domain name that is tplinkextender.net or you may use tplinkrepeater.net in the search bar field located on the upper right corner of the browser window instead of typing it in the URL bar. Please ensure that you have entered the domain name in the correct field.
If you have tried all the solutions given above and still getting the same issue then contact our expert team to fix this issue. We are here to help you 24/7. Our experts are having an experience of several years in the same field. You may get some other issues or problems while setting up the range extender. Not to worry, we will solve every issue and provide the solution regarding any router or any extender.